Warm Tomato Caprese
1 eggplant, sliced 1/4 in. thick
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper, ground
1 clove garlic, peeled & minced
1 lb. mozzarella, sliced
3 beefsteak tomatoes, slice 1/2 in. thick
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp. balsamic glaze
1 tbsp. basil pesto
2 tbsp. pea tendrils
1. In a bowl, combine eggplant, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Mix.
2. Grill the eggplant on each side until tender.
3. Assemble caprese: layer eggplant, mozzarella, and tomato on a plate.
4. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze. Repeat to make three more caprese towers.
5. Drizzle with basil pesto and pea tendrils before serving.
Eric’s Tip: Turn this into a party appetizer by shingling the tomato and grilled eggplant around burrata mozzarella.