11⁄2 cups water
1 tbsp. yeast
1 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. sea salt
1 cup confectioners sugar, for dusting
2 qt. canola oil
- In an electric mixer, add the ingredients in order. Turn the mixer to low and mix until the dough forms a ball.
- On a floured surface, place the dough down and flour the dough. Roll the dough out and cut into small pieces.
- Place the Copper Chef on high heat and fill with canola oil halfway. Heat the canola oil to 365o F.
- Place the fry basket carefully into the Copper Chef.
- Carefully drop the dough in spoonfuls into the hot oil. Cook until lightly golden.
- Dust with confectioners sugar before serving.
Eric’s Tip: Zeppoles are also great filled. Add some vanilla pudding to a zip-top bag, cut off the corner and use it as a piping bag to fill each zeppole after it’s cooled.